Sunday, June 19, 2011

GDT for ICRC5!

Hello!
Last week has been very hectic with loads of work in office. And hence the delay in posting my latest card which I designed for ICRC5. My card for ICRC3 made it to top 3 and I was choosen as he guest DT :) and this is the second time that I won ICR.
The theme for ICRC5 is "Interpret the word RAIN and decorate the inside of the card or the envelope".
When Tejal informed me the theme, I thought of raining hearts. But didn't find a good digi with a couple so dropped the idea. Next I thought of raining butterflies, but last minute I got loads of work in office leaving me with just 4-5 hours to complete my "RAIN" task. So I decided to go for raining cupcakes/goodies. I had a DP which went well with the theme. I had also bought some cupcake borders from Kavitha. So had enough things to go well with the theme.
And here's my card-
It's raining goodies - coz it's ur b'day!

Inside of card
I was still in the doodling mood :) so doodled the gifts, cupcakes and ballons and colored them with staedler water color pencils. Later I coatedd them and the digital cupcake with "Glue n Gloass". Honestly, I am not so happy with this card and I think I could have done better...but anyway, there's always a next time :).

Isn't this a challenging challenge? So what are you waiting for? Join the fun at ICR and get drenched in the RAINY challenge!

7 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

This is soo pretty Piyu.. Love the cupcakes...!!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

its just awesome Piyu..

Dr Sonia S V said...

Yummy card

Karuna said...

i think its super cute~

Tejal said...

You gotta be crazy saying you didn't like this..We loved this!! Your card made me want to step up and do better!!
Love your doodling!

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Yummy creation dear. I luv it.

Neha Jain said...

i loved this card piyu...saw it at ICR lovely