Friday, June 10, 2011

Back after a break...

Hey All,
I am back along with my mojo after a gap of 5 long days. Long..because I was on bed rest after a small surgery..Anyways.. I am feeling much much better and completed a half left project today.
This card was initially meant for Anita's Challenge at Kavi's Anniversary celebrations. But missed the deadline due to my health issues. Hence I would be submitting this for Anita's Friendship Challenge. And I dedicate this card to Khushboo my newest blogger friend.
The flowers are handmade following Anita's tutorial. Thanks so much Anita for the wonderful tutorial! The flowers look like real ones and I am going to experiment more with it.
Here's a closer look at the flowers-

An year back, I had got some handmade papers from Singapore which were very thin and I thought were useless. But I was mistaken. These papers are just perfect for making these flowers. The pattern paper is from Paper Mania and butterfly is stamped on parchment paper with black ink, clear embossed and coloured on back side using water colours. (As I am at my mom's place and I didn't have my markers with me). The sentiment is MICIA stamp and the circle punch is from Fiskars.

I also wanted to flaunt my prize for winning Karuna's Just heat embossing challenge. Thank you so much girl! Super loved it :) .
 Now that my mojo is back..I'll be soon experimenting with the embossing pen :)


15 comments:

SUGANTHI said...

Lovely! Always love a card with butterflies and flowers.

Crafterkhush said...

beautiful card Piyu.. and thanks so much.. if i m that Khushboo then am honoured...!!

Piyu said...

@Suganthi - Thanks :) I am also crazy about butterflies.
@Khushboo - Thanks dear..and yes it's you. Have linked your blog too :)

Tee said...

This is beautiful..Love the butterfly...and hope you feel better soon!! sending you loads and loads of hugs!!
congrats on winning the Guest DT spot at ICR 3. Get ready..we will get back to you with the next challenge!

Hussena said...

This is so beautiful love the flowers and the butterfly they are so gorgeous.

kavitha said...

Flowers are really beautiful:)hope you are feeling gud now:)

Neha Jain said...

wow...piyu...ur card is awesome

Jovi said...

its beautiful... good to see u back in action...

Jovi said...

what butterfly stamp are u using piyu ???

Piyu said...

@All:Thanks girls..I am feeling much better..and your comments are helping me recover fast :).
@Jovi : I am using MICIA stamp from Karuna's store.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hope u are ok now.The flowers are so great and I especially love the center of the flower

Crafterkhush said...

Hey Piyu.. Sorry.. It's been a crazy few days for me and I just had a look at your card and went wow.. It is really pretty.. Thanks so much.. I hope you feeling better... you've been missed.. get well soon and then a lot of posts are overdue...:-)

Deepti Aggarwal said...

beautiful card and awesome flowers... yet to try... hope you doing well dear..

Bhavana said...

lovely card.. loved the flowers

Romina Nahata said...

lovely card !!