Friday, April 1, 2016

Another card for Altenew challenge

Hello Friends!
How are you doing?
Today I have another card for the Altenew March challenge - Places abroad France. You can view my earlier card at - http://handmadebypiyu.blogspot.in/2016/03/altenew-march-challenge-from-places.html
The inspiration pic for the challenge is the snapshot of a beautiful garden in France in Loire Valley -
And I made the following card-

I used Altenew's painted flowers stamp set. The flower pot is hand drawn. I made the texture on it using zig real brush markers to make with the maze garden. The flowers are also coloured using the Zig real brush markers.

Here is a close up of my card -


Making this card was a real challenge for me. As I am away from my hometown, staying in a hotel, I have very few craft supplies. I had to do without my paper cutter and score board. I also had just 2 colors of cardstock - black and white. I had started this card yesterday and there was very less time. To add to it my baby girl refused to sleep early. I fell asleep putting her to sleep. When I woke up, I had 1 hr 45 mins until the challenge closed. I thought I can do it and this much time is enough ... just then my little monster woke up.
Here's a pic of Tania clicked when she just woke up and saw her mummy working on the floor with crafty mess around -

Somehow I managed to complete the card, click pictures and upload it, allowing Miss. Tania to play with some of my craft supplies.
Blogging from my phone is another challenge. Let me.not talk about it.
Please excuse the bad quality of pictures. I am just glad I could make it within the deadline.

Submitting this card to the Altenew March challenge from places abroad - France

Bye for now.

Love,
Piyu

2 comments:

Sindhu said...

Oh look at that mischievious smile on her face! :D
Your card is beautiful! Love the pattern you made with zigs. :)

lostinpaper said...

Well done, the challenge sounds like it had more challenges than you planned for lol. Your card is absolutely beautiful and I'm so happy you were able to share it at Altenew!